STEFANIE MALONE // Email
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE ➤➤
NFFTY // NFFTY Creative
Executive Director & Executive Producer, 2013 - July 2017
Director of NFFTY Film Festival and nonprofit organization. Festival features over 250 films, guest artists, educational panels, and a virtual reality/360° festival and year round programming.
- Artistic direction of the festival, including programming and initiatives.
- Business development
- Management of team, budgets and oversight on festival production and operations.
- Brand development, direction of marketing and promotion strategies.
- Liaison with the NFFTY Board of Directors, and author of the strategic plan.
Executive Producer of NFFTY Creative in-house production company.
- Oversight from concept to development to delivery on original ADDY and Telly® award-winning branded content.
Interactive and Engagement Strategist & Writer, 2014 - present
Development of national engagement strategies and oversight on PBS station implementation, pertaining to NEH and NEA grants. Research, write and produce online materials pertaining to national PBS programs, including Ken Burns, Ric Burns and Henry Louis Gates Jr. Select of projects here.
Freelance Producer / Director, 2012 - present
Produce and direct television and film/video content. Experiences include branded content, corporate videos, commercials, and nonprofit storytelling with clients such as Amazon, Microsoft, Creative Media Alliance, Children's Alliance and more.
Stefanie is additionally passionate about documentary filmmaking. Her work has been shown at Seattle International Film Festival, Big Sky Documentary Film Festival, One Reel, Rooftop Films NYC, Local Sightings, Couch Fest Films, Athens International Film Festival, and has been featured on PBS, Alaska Airlines and National Geographic.
KCTS 9 PUBLIC TELEVISION
Executive Producer & Director of Community Engagement and Education, 2011 – 2013, Community Outreach Manager, 2003 - 2011, Outreach Coordinator, 1999 – 2003
- Emmy® award-winning producer and director. Developed, produced and executive produced programs for broadcast throughout the Pacific Northwest and Canada. Includes concept, production coordination, scriptwriting, approval of final edits.
- Program development and management of national and statewide initiatives, establishing community engagement strategies for PBS member station serving 2.6 million weekly viewers in Washington and British Columbia.
- Over a decade of experience in grant writing, project design and outcome measurement, including $250,000 production grant from Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Planning and management of grants as large as $400,000.
- Manage department, teams, producers, contract employees and budgets.
- Direction of station marketing and promotional events and public-facing activities.
Master of Arts, Communications summa cum laude, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio. Recipient of Fellowship for Public Broadcasting Management
Bachelor of Arts, Communications cum laude, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio. Major: Media Arts/Production. Minors: Political Science and Film
Wild Mind Film Camp, Documentary Film Intensive under the leadership of Doug Pray and Pete Vogt.
Nominee (NFFTY), Mayor’s Arts Award, Seattle, 2017
Telly Award, Expedia: Sight UnScene: Nottingham, 2017
Telly Award, Expedia: Sight UnScene: New York City, 2016
NFFTY: One of the 50 Film Festivals Worth the Entry Fee, MovieMaker Magazine, 2016
NFFTY: Best Film Organization, TeenTix, 2016
Silver ADDY®, American Advertising Award, NW Region, A Supporting Role, 2015
Gold ADDY®, American Advertising Award, Western Washington, A Supporting Role, 2015
Telly Award, Bronze A Supporting Role, 2015
Platinum AVA Digital Award, A Supporting Role, February 2015
NFFTY: One of the 50 Film Festivals Worth the Entry Fee, MovieMaker Magazine, 2014
NFFTY: Best Film Organization, TeenTix, 2014
Emmy® Award, NATAS NW, On The Dust Bowl with Ken Burns and Timothy Egan, 2013
Emmy® Award, NATAS NW, The 19th Golden Apple Awards, 2012
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS & VOLUNTEER ➤➤
Women in Film Seattle, Communications Chair, Board of Directors, 2016 - present / Member since 2012
National Alliance for Media Arts & Culture, Member, 2015 - present
International Documentary Association, Member, 2014 - present
National Academy of Television Arts and Science NW, Member, 2012 – 2014
Advisory Board for PBS Programs: The Latino Americans, Maya & Miguel, New Americans, and It’s a Big Big Word.